Sunday, January 2, 2011

Cold and Flu Season

I have been battling a pretty bad cough the last couple of days.  Ugh..... it's driving me crazy!  I have been taking Mucinex, drinking teas and soups, and eating garlic liberally.  When will this go away?  All of us have it: me, my parents, hubby and the kids.  My awesome neighbor and good friend Pam bought me this warming tomato-peppery broth (think Spicy V8) from a local health restaurant, "Here Comes The Sun."  It makes you feel as if you're about to cough up a lung.  Really powerful stuff!!!  To top it all off, I had a really bad case of the flu several weeks ago! 

So, what do you guys do to ease your cold woes?

Do any of you get the flu shot?  I know many people are against it, but I have some friends who swear by it and say they rarely get sick. Others say they got sick after the flu shot.  I don't get the flu shot (except last year I did get the swine flu vaccine) and I don't get colds/flu often----- but this year is an exception!

No comments:

Post a Comment